At the time of writing any post, if any optimization is done in order to get rank well in search engines like Yahoo, Bing and Google, then this is called On Page Optimization.
Now a day, the search engines are emphasizing on the On Page SEO more. Without any Off Page optimization, if you just do some On Page Optimization on your page; it’s enough to get rank well in search engines. It’s proved by me. I experienced it on one of my Blog and doing better in SERPs.
Adding ALT Tag (Alternative Text or Alternative Name) in Image is one kind of On Page Optimization.
Now, you can ask me why the Alt Tag is needed for a Image?
Well, the so called search engines especially Google Bot can’t read the images you add on your post. Suppose, you added a image of “Computer” on one of your post. You added this photo because you want to tell the search engines what this post is all about. But this is really sorrowful matter is that, Google Bot won’t be able to detect your image. Search Engine Bot can’t read the image; they can read just any kind of text.
So, using ALT tag in your image means, adding a text about what kind of image you are using. In other means, if you use the AlT Tag in images; if the browser’s image load option is stopped, then your browser will show you the Alternative Text; so that you can easily understand that what the image was there.
Alt tag in images helps you with search engine positioning in making your website on top on SERPs.
Snatching the example; if you used an ALT tag on you Computer Image; the search engine robot would definitely detect your image that it is a computer image and this post is all about a Computer.
So, How Can I add a Alt Tag in Blogger or Blogspot Blog Post?
In WordPress Blog it’s easy to use the Alternative Name or Text (Alt Tag) during adding an image by default. But, if you Blog in Blogspot/Blogger platform you have to interfere into the HTML code.
Here the process of adding the Alt tag has been mentioned stepwise-
- Add an Image as usual method in your new post.
- Now click on the Edit HTML tab from the Post Editor Box Toolbar.
- Find your Image HTML Source code. Which is like <img src= “http://shamimnasir.com/seo.jpg”>. If you want to add a img Alt tag where the Alternative Text will be “SEO”. Then, just put a code like alt= “SEO” after the iamge souce link and within the end tag. For example: <img src= http://shamimnasir.com/seo.jpg” alt= “SEO” /> . Here an Alternative Name “SEO” has been added which can be readable by the search engines.
- Try to use your post keyword (Just one keyword) on your Image Alt Tag. It will give you visitors from Image Search of the search engines too.
Whenever you make a new post on your Blogspot blog, then after adding an image on post, click on Edit HTML tab and inset the alt html tag manually.
- Setup a Blog For Free in Blogger.Com (Blogspot) [For Newbies]
- How To Place Google Adsense Ad Below The Post Title of Blogger/Blogspot Blog?
- How to Create Expandable Post By Using “Read More” Option at Blogger (Blogspot)
- How To Use HTML Codes or Links In A WP Blog Comment Box?
- How To Add Retweet Button Just Below The Post Title of Blogger Site
- SEO For A Post | Steps That Every Blogger Should Know