WordPress Blog security is a very crucial issue for the webmasters and bloggers. Because, for somebody their blogs are just like valuable assets and some are these making enormous money every day. What if you set up a blog for making money online and want to continue this blog until your death but you see it is hacked or phished by a hacker after getting up from bed at a morning? Seems, it would be the most shocking moment for in your entire life.
So, what to do to save our blogs that are hosted in self-hosted WordPress Blog? Well, to make your blog safe from the hacker and to make your blog malicious bot injection-proof; you definitely tweak some of your blog settings. You might have to place some codes here and there of your blog’s theme editors to make the changes effective. But there is a problem. If you are not too much tech-savvy and well-aware of the basic programming and tweaking your WordPress editor; then you might be in a mess.
Luckily, there is lots of effective and free security Plugins available for security of your WordPress blog. Just install these Plugins from your WordPress Blog’s Plugins Dashboard and secure your blog forever. No more coding and no more tension about the holes and bugs of your blog templates; just install a useful plug-in that I am going to share below and enjoy your blogging life.
- Better WP Security: To me, Better WP Security is probably the best free WP security Plugins I have ever used. You can test this free plugin; I am sure that you will be amazed to see its functionality. This blog security plugin will remove the WP version from your site’s header along with removing WordPress Meta Tag from your core codes so that a hacker never be able to find your blog’s possible vulnerable issues like backdated version of WP script. You can also limit the invalid login attempts by numbers and some other useful security features that you will never find on any other Plugins.
- WP Plugins Security Check: If you are a blogger and use WordPress for your Blog; then you might be using lots of Plugins to automate your site maintaining tasks. You know, your up-to-date WordPress version can’t secure your blog completely. Because, you might have installed some Plugins that are not usually being updated by the developers and this creates loop for exploits. WP Plugin Security Check is a plugin that will tell you what the plugins installed in your site still easy to discover by the hackers to attack. So, to me, this WP security plugin is a Must have for everyone.
- WP Login Security: This WP Plugin will store the Blog Administrator’s IP address and blocks the other peoples IP who try to login to that blog and sends a message to the administrator email about the issue. To prevent spammer and black hat guys for their illegal entrance into your blog; you should definitely use this plugin.
- WP Sanitize: WP Sanitize is another great WordPress vulnerabilities preventing plugin which continuously check the loop holes of your blog and then keep the database safe. This is a very light plugin which can automatically optimize your blog from the hacking attacks by RSD links.
- WP Security Scan: This is a great plugin developed by the famous Website Defender organization. This wp security scan plugin works with File Permission, Database Security, Hiding the WP version, Admin login protection, WP meta tag remover and lots others.
This is all about the top 4 WordPress security plugin that every blogger and webmaster should consider using on their blogs to own a better secured blog.